7 Questions For Your Home Inspector
A home inspector plays a key role in your buy-to-rent property purchase. Below are seven important questions to consider asking a home inspector prior to hiring them:
1. What professional organization are you affiliated with?
2. What home building and inspecting certification(s) do you have?
3. What exactly does my inspection cover?
4. How long have you been in business and how many homes have you inspected?
5. Approximately how long does the inspection take? (On average it takes at least 2-4 hours)
6. What is the cost of the inspection? Be sure to get a quote upfront
7. Do you prepare a written and electronic copy of the report for me to review?
Finding the right home inspector for your properties is critical. Once you have one, they will be an ongoing resource as your buy-to-rent portfolio grows. What are your tips for finding a great home inspector? Visit us at www.b2rfinance.com and follow us on Twitter @B2RFinance.
The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment, real estate, or legal advice. This information should not be regarded as a recommendation or an offer to buy or sell any product or service to which this information may relate. No representations or warranties whatsoever, express or implied, are given as to the accuracy or applicability of the information contained herein. The information may be modified or rendered incorrect by changes in the marketplace or developments in the law, or for any other reason, and may not be applicable to any individual reader’s facts and circumstances.